Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The 2010 Film festival is here!
























From the 8th - 25th of July this year Auckland's silver screens will play host to some of the best celluloid from the last year.

For those of you who aren't regular festival watchers don't be put off there are a number of great films to be found. Visit the website www.nzff.co.nz pick something out, my first festival was only two years ago where I watched about 3 films. For my movie going experience this year I have 17 films on my list that I simply MUST see and about 7 optionals, not in Auckland don't worry the festival travels all around the country.


While this year brochure seems a little light to me there are some absolute gems. "Exit through the gift shop" is a biopic/documentary about UK street artist Banksy. The housemaid a tense slick, polished and sexy Korean thriller. "The killer inside me", a rustic 50s noir gem shot last year from the US and "Four Lions" a UK comedy about a cell of bumbling terrorists.

Or I may be able to help you out with a pick or two, want to take your kids along to a cinema event which will engage their imagination and wont be the normal standardized Disney fair? Want to impress your better half or soon to be better half there are some great looking romantic comedies, or do you want to experience true fringe cinema that will blow your mind?

Drop me a line or comment I can recommend something, either way I hope to see you there!

No comments: